Reasons2 – A Mental Health App
Reasons2 is an app Washington Mind Young People’s Project has developed in partnership with young people from Sunderland. The app aims to help people to improve their own mental health by using the app as a resource to store ‘Reasons2; smile, feel better, be happy, live, etc.’
Why was the app created?
The app fist came about after some young people were distressed by the Netflix show ’13 Reasons Why’ and they wanted to create a positive message on the back of the show to share with others. This is when Reasons2 was first created, to be a positive message on the back of the show but is has now become something all on it’s own.
The app was created to be a safe place where you can log your ‘Reasons’ so that if you are feeling low you can pop back to the app and remind themselves of what your ‘Reasons’ are. Even though the app has been developed in partnership with young people who live in Sunderland, you do not have to be any specific age range or live in a specific area to use the app. The app also links directly to wellbeinginfo.org so that you can find more information on how to help yourself and where you can get support in your local area.
What can you do on Reasons2?
The app allows you to:
- Manage your mental wellness by building your own profile of Reasons2 feel better.
- Upload pictures and images that give you the feel good factor and makes you smile.
- Find other ways to improve your mental wellness by clicking on links to other websites and information.
- Share your Reasons with other users and see what makes them smile too.
- Keep your favourite Reasons so you can see them easier and without having to scroll through old information.
How can you download Reasons2?
Simply click on the relevant button below!